Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Who Am I?

ABSTRACT: Next, I want to introduce myself. I have already presented my views on intelligent design. Maybe readers want know who I am and what my qualifications are for writing about this subject.

I am a former doctoral student and teaching assistant in anthropology. I received an M.A. in Anthropology at the main campus of a state university in the midwestern U.S. I wrote my masters thesis in the mid-1980s in explicit support of what is now commonly called macroevolution, namely, on the evolution of sexual behavior in primates. I took most of my graduate courses in anthropology in the subfields of cultural and physical anthropology. I spent several years as a doctoral student in the department.

As doctoral student in anthropology, I spent four years studying evolution. I was also the graduate student representative for the Department of Anthropology and head of the Social Science Division for the university's Graduate Student Association for one year. In the following year, I became vice president of that same student council, serving one year in the executive office. This made me the second highest ranking graduate student in terms of student politics on the huge campus. As such, I was no lightweight student in the Department of Anthropology.

For now, I will skip ahead: Currently I work as an ESL teacher. My specialty is ESL reading for junior highs. I teach English as a Second Language to both adults and children. I am married and have two children. I live and work happily in Japan, and have done so for the past 17 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment